1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
Splash of red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons white sugar (or stevia)
2 or 3 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
A dash of sriracha or other hot sauce
1 can of sliced beets
4 green onions ( or more if they are little ones)
1 container of baby arugula (or mature arugula, if no baby arugula available)
1 8 ounce container of Vigo feta cheese in liquid -use about 6 or 7 oz. of the 8 oz. container
1. Wash the quinoa to remove the saponin, if it has not been previously washed.
Add the quinoa to the water and bring it to a boil. Cover and lower the heat to medium low.
Cook for 15 minutes or until done.
2. While it is cooking prepare the dressing.
Whisk together: 1/2 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar and a splash of red wine vinegar, 2 teaspoons white sugar (or stevia) 2 or 3 cloves of garlic grated with a rasp, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and a dash of siracha or other chile sauce.
3. Remove quinoa from heat, then immediately add half of the vinegar
dressing while fluffing the quinoa with a fork; reserve remaining
dressing. Cover and refrigerate quinoa until cool, at least 1 hour.
4. Drain the beets and dice in very small pieces.
5. Slice the green onions- both the white and the green parts.
6. Crumble the feta.
7. Use a scissors to cut the arugula.
8. Stir green onions, arugula, goat cheese, beets, and remaining
dressing into cooled quinoa mixture. Toss lightly before serving.
It tastes great the next day, if you are lucky enough to have any left!